About Japan Sports Orthopaedic Association
Japan Sports Orthopaedic Association (JSOA) was established in June 2023 through the merger of the Japanese Orthopaedic Society of Knee, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine (JOSKAS)’ sports medicine field and science business and the Japanese Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (JOSSM).
JSOA integrates various fields of science related to orthopaedics and musculoskeletal science in order to realize a society in which all people lead healthy and cultured lives throughout their lives through sports.
Our association will make presentations and make proposals for practical and basic investigation, research, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of injuries and disorders that occur during exercise or interfere with exercise.
In addition, through the advancement of sports medicine in orthopaedics and musculoskeletal science, its spread in Japan and overseas, and the development of the next generation of human resources, we will contribute to the sound development of people’s minds and bodies, support for the disabled, and support the elderly through sports medicine.
Our goal is to contribute to the promotion of welfare, the improvement of public health, and the promotion of academics and science and technology.
Name: Japan Sports Orthopaedic Association (JSOA)
Founded and Corporation: June 1, 2023
President: Yasuyuki Ishibashi
- Holding academic meetings, lectures and presentation of study results
- Development and dissemination of diagnostics, surgical therapy, conservative therapy, prevention, and other new technologies related to sports orthopaedics and musculoskeletal science, as well as diagnostic techniques
- Publishing learned bulletins and books. Dissemination activities through web content creation. Building an education system
- Encouraging studies and performing investigations
- Commending excellent results and contributor
- Training of medical specialists with knowledge and skills related to sports orthopaedics and musculoskeletal science, and authorize related to these
- Improving the quality of treatment through education such as lectures and practical training on knowledge and skills related to sports orthopaedics and musculoskeletal science.
- Cooperation with domestic and foreign learned parties. Academic promotion through global research cooperation, collaboration, and personnel exchange with related academic organizations in Japan and overseas
- Cooperation with various sports groups, competition groups, sports clubs, educational institutions, etc.
- Giving information to the public and medical consultation
- Conducting research on systems of medical insurance, long-term care insurance, and welfare for the people with disabilities (including children), and offering advice
- Social contribution business to support people’s healthy life through sports medicine
- Other projects necessary for achieving our goal
Board of Directors
|President||Yasuyuki Ishibashi, MD||Hirosaki University|
|Vice President||Tsukasa Kumai, MD||Faculty of Sport Sciences, Waseda University|
|Norimasa Nakamura, MD||Osaka Health Science University|
|Directors||Shinji Imai, MD||Shiga University of Medical Science|
|Hideyuki Koga, MD||Tokyo Medical and Dental University|
|Koichi Sairyo, MD||Tokushima University|
|Kazuki Sato, MD||Institute for Integrated Sports Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University|
|Hiroyuki Sugaya, MD||Tokyo Sports & Orthopaedic Clinic|
|Akemi Suzuki, MD||Yamagata University|
|Shuji Taketomi, MD||The University of Tokyo|
|Takuya Tajima, MD||University of Miyazaki|
|Masataka Deie, MD||Hiroshima City Hiroshima Citizens Hospital|
|Atsushi Teramoto, MD||Sapporo Medical University|
|Masahiro Nozaki, MD||Nagoya City University|
|Mika Hangai, MD||Japan Institute of Sports Sciences/JAPAN SPORT COUNCIL|
|Hiroki Funasaki, MD||The Jikei University School of Medicine|
|Kozo Furushima, MD||Keiyu Orthopedic Hospital|
|Inspectors||Ryousuke Kuroda, MD||Kobe University|
|Yasuhito Tanaka, MD||Nara Medical University|
|Congress President||Nobuo Adachi, M.D., Ph.D.|
(Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Hiroshima University)
|Dates||June 29 (Thu.) – July 1 (Sat.), 2023|
RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefectural Sports Center (Hiroshima Green Arena)
|Congress President||Tsukasa Kumai, MD (Professor, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Waseda University）|
Koji Kaneoka, MD (Professor, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Waseda University）
|Dates||September 12(Thu.) -13(Fri.), 2024|
|Venue||Okuma Auditorium、Ono Auditorium、RIHGA Royal Hotel Tokyo|
|Combined program||JSOA – KOSSM Combined Meeting : September 14(Sat.), Okuma Auditorium|
|Congress President||Hiroyuki Sugaya, MD (President, Tokyo Sports & Orthopaedic Clinic)|
|Dates||September 12(Fri.) -13(Sat.), 2025|
|Venue||The Prince Park Tower Tokyo|
|Congress President||Norimasa Nakamura, MD (Professor, Osaka Health Science University)|
|Dates||September 17(Thu.) -19(Sat.), 2026|
|Venue||Osaka International Convention Center|